Saturday, April 02, 2011

Skinny Legs & All Vintage Boutique















I have been collecting vintage hats, purses, jewelry and clothing forever. As a child i loved rummaging through my Nonna's basement trying on her old hats and playing with her pocketbooks. My favorite past time is to roam through thrift shops and garage sales in hopes of finding a piece of the past. It is an addiction. My attic is proof.

I adore the look of the 1920's, 30's, 40's and 50's. Women had style and even manners! Classic hats and purses. Don't leave home with out your gloves or hankies. Red coral lipstick. A touch of perfume. Ah the good old days.

As i have been purging my attic of boxes and clutter, it occurred to me that i do not need to keep every purse or hat that i have found over the years. I no longer wear or use most of these items and the ones i will keep belong to my Nonnas and Aunts. In a perfect world i would own a vintage resale shop, get dolled up everyday for work and feel glamorous.

I really do not need one more business or rental commitment - especially here in Salem MA. So the next best thing to do is to set up a cyber Etsy shop. No parking hassles, city taxes, overhead or mandatory shop hours. No worries about theft, Halloween crowds and no snow emergency parking bans. Happy not to have to invite the mayor of Salem in her ill fitting black suit pose while cutting a ribbon at my grand opening and have her take credit for yet another booming business venture under her reign.

Welcome to the Skinny Legs and All Vintage Boutique , named after one of my favorite Tom Robbin's books. I will be adding more items over the next few weeks. And hope to add the link to this new shop on the Planet Calamari website soon.


"High heels, they put a woman much closer to heaven"
Tom Robbins



No comments: