Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Swan Messages Land on Derby Wharf Salem

While walking my dog tonight out on Derby Wharf, i ran across a few old friends that i had not seen since my birthday two years ago. I had wondered where they had been these past few years and so hoping to see them before we left Salem. What a joy to see that they now have a new addition to their family.... a fluffy swanette.

Usually i pull an Animal Medicine tarot card each day to see what animal spirit guide is with me. Its been a tradition for about 20 years. The cards never lie. Sometimes i will pick the same one over and over - no matter how much i shuffle them, which can be quite annoying. Especially if it is the Ant card... which means Be patient! Not one of my virtues.

However, lately i have just been leaving it up to the Universe to send me a live message. On a good day a hawk will hide in our evergreen tree and look into our window. Or a dragonfly will buzz by my head. A monarch butterfly will take a walk with me or land on my shoulder. This winter a fox ran down Derby Street and stared me down. (Kind of sounds like a John Prine song) Other days i just get flocks of seagulls or worse.... a trail of ants. Hoping for a wolf to appear would just flip out the neighborhood.

This week i asked the Universe for a sign. I needed a BIG sign. .... S.O.S.
And never doubt the Universe when it sends in the swans! What a magical omen. I am grateful.




"Swan...
The power of woman Entering Sacred Space,
Touching future
Yet to come, Bringing eternal grace"
The Medicine Cards



The Native Americans believe that Swan fell into the Dream-time pond by accident. A Dragonfly came flying by and said "Swan, that is the doorway to the other planes of imagination. If you want to enter there you would have to ask permission to earn the right."

Swan was not sure and asked the Dragonfly what she needed to do. He replied, "You must be willing to accept whatever the future holds as it is presented, without trying to change Great Spirit's plan."

Swan looked at her little ugly duckling body and answered, " I will be happy to abide by Great Spirit's plan. I won't fight the currents of the black hole. I will surrender to the flow of the spiral and trust what i am shown."





Dragonfly was pleased with the Swan's answer and spun magic to break the spell of the pond's illusion. Suddenly Swan was engulfed by whirling water in the center of the pond. Many days later Swan appeared ... and now she was graceful, white and long necked. Dragonfly was stunned and asked, "Swan what has happened to you?"

Swan smiled and said, "I learned to surrender my body to the power of the Great Spirit and was taken to future lives. Because of my acceptance i have been changed. I learned to accept the stat of grace."

Swan medicine teaches us to be at one with all planes of consciousness and to trust in Great Spirit's protection. Go with the flow! Relax- life will be easier.

So- i guess i need to chill out. Surrender Dorothy. Trust that it will all be OK and
Jump - because the net will appear.

Rumor has it we are jumping in the fall. I hope to be graceful, much calmer and have a decent haircut by then.

No comments: